Well, hello friends! I cannot believe it’s been well over a month since my last blog post. I guess I figure since I’m chatting to many of you live every Wednesday over on my Facebook page (click here to watch replays!) that I don’t need to blog that often… but I know that I do! In fact, to blog at least twice per week is on my list of goals for 2018! My apologies for being MIA on here… December has been a whirlwind of a busy season!
Some memorable December highlights…
- Ryan and I celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary this past December 1st! We packed up Michael in the car for a weekend getaway at the rivah! It was a quiet, romantic, fun-filled weekend. As always, I squeezed (my then 25-week preggo belly) back into my wedding dress to twirl around on the beach.
- The following week I hosted bunco with some neighborhood girlfriends
- I joined my dear friend at Altria Theatre to see The Sound of Music. Little Thomas in my belly was dancing around to the music!
- We enjoyed our first snow of the season! Roughly 5″ fell overnight and we had a solid day of sledding, snowball fights, and of course a backyard family mini-session in the snow! Click here to watch the fun unravel!
- Our family scooted over to Lewis Ginter to stroll and enjoy the GardenFest of Lights — if you live in Richmond and you’ve never been you must go and see the half-a-million twinkling lights (you have until January 8th)!
- Ryan and I also hosted our 6th annual Jingle Ball — a festive cocktail evening in our home that always goes strong until the wee hours of the morning with dancing and karaoke!
- We had a positive 28-week prenatal appointment this month with our little Thomas. Last week we entered into our 3rd trimester — this pregnancy is flying by! We cannot wait to meet our little boy!
- We gathered with our neighborhood friends for an annual tacky light tour! We came back to our house for a firepit gathering, projector movie for the kiddos, and a visit from Santa!
- For the first time in 7 years… Christmas cards didn’t make it on the priority list this year. We’re giving ourselves the grace to let things fall away so we can soak up every minute of this fun-filled season with Michael. We still enjoyed the excitement of opening all of the Christmas cards we received from dear family and friends this season. It was quite freeing to not have to tackle the Christmas card project this year — maybe we’ll pick it back up next year.
- I received in the mail my first-ever PowerSheets by Lara Casey. — I dedicated several hours to the prep work prior to cultivating my 2018 goals. I’ll be going over more details on this in this week’s On Air with Allie episode. Tune in live on on Facebook tonight!
- I photographed 3 family sessions, 1 newborn, and 2 maternity sessions this past month! A great way to wrap up the year!
This was Michael’s second Christmas, he was merely 2-months old this time last year, so it was much more fun this time around as he’s starting to catch on to the magic of Christmas. I have a feeling it will get even more amazing as the years go on! Watching his eyes light up as we walked through Lewis Ginter and the tacky light tour, hearing his giggles at a dancing santa doll, snuggling while watching Christmas shows, MiMi & PaPa reading ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas on Christmas Eve, holding his little hand as he walked down our staircase on Christmas morning, and feeling every ounce of his excitement when he realized what Santa brought him (!!!) and the other lovely gifts from family and friends… are all memories (and more!) that I will forever cherish. A little 7-minute highlight reel from our Christmas Eve and morning festivities is below — an annual tradition that I create for our family to enjoy!
Yesterday, I spent 4-hours taking all of our Christmas decorations down (including the Christmas tree!)… while I felt like the Grinch taking it all down so quickly after Christmas… in all fairness, I’ve had our decorations up since 1-week prior to Thanksgiving… LOL! So, needless to say, I was ready to get my house back in order! My fireplace mantle, countertops, coffee tables, and front yard seem so bare… but the simplicity of it is pure bliss! I do, however, have our winter wreath still on our front porch and 2 snowy trees lit in our family room… they’ll stay up for the rest of the winter season. Surprisingly, Michael didn’t break one Christmas ornament (or decoration!) this season… we had a few close calls… but all is safely packed away.
This week, I’ve been busy wrapping up a few things on my to-do list before scooting to the rivah for New Year’s Eve! Be sure to join me live tonight at 8PM on Facebook for another On Air with Allie episode — I’ll be doing a fun, free giveaway!