We survived summer 2019! Mission accomplished 👊🏻!! Mom life sure ain’t for sissies!! Can I get an amen?! Oh, there were days when the struggle was real y’all! Whew… Jesus take the wheel! But I’m forever grateful to be their Mama. Michael (3 next month😭!) and Thomas (18-months) are the breath to my life. One more week to go for us before it’s back to school next Tuesday!!
Happy Labor Day to all of you hard working Moms and Dads out there. Parenthood is hard work! Enjoy a day of fun and rest… you deserve it! Exactly one year ago on Labor Day weekend we were announcing our pregnancy (with Thomas!). This year… this is us! Just livin’ my best life over here with eye bags (work hard, play hard!), no makeup, and unwashed hair… but with a happy heart!!
This was our first kickoff to summer experience since Michael attended preschool 2 days p/ week last year. I was both excited and a bit overwhelmed at the time… what are we going to do every single day this summer?! During the school year we are all so busy! There is rarely any white space on the calendar as we’re jumping from one thing to the next… summer brought more flexibility, spontaneity, and freedom to our days. We loved having Ryan home with us all summer long… We all enjoyed having more quality family time together.
With no camps to take advantage of… we spent the entire summer together. PS… God bless the gym day care and afternoon naps, LOL! We did have somewhat of a weekly routine which definitely helped. The kiddos started to know what to expect each day. Back in May we started potty training Michael which has been interesting. Michael is so proud to a big boy!
Someone once said
Some sweet family memories from this past summer…
- 1st family of four beach trip
- 1st trip to the aquarium
- Playing in the backyard sprinkler
- Michael’s first time fishing
- Thomas’s first time on the jet ski
- Michael starting potty training
- Trips to Kings Dominion
- Adventures to the RIVAH
- Painting our entire downstairs of our house & garage reno!
- Lots of snuggles! (and ear infections!)!!
- Pool days
- Dinosaur roars!
- Watching my boys play together
- Michael staying up until 10PM one night, just because!
- Sleepover with Ryleigh (Ryan’s niece)
- DC Zoo Dino exhibit!
- Crab festival in RVA
- 1st trip to the movie theatre (we saw Sing!)
- Relaxing on the ACAC rooftop (adults only!!)
- Date nights, birthday & graduation celebrations, bunco nights, and neighborhood gatherings!
I don’t know about you but I say… bring on Fall! A new season, a fresh start… already starting to decorate my house!!