I love this time of year! The leaves are in their prime and the weather is cooling down. This past weekend we launched into daylight savings time (don’t forget to set your clocks back!)… I’m not a big fan of it getting dark so quickly in the evenings now… but I do love getting an extra hour of sleep in the morning 🙂
Well, I slacked off on my blog post last month and I didn’t get around to posting an “October Goals” post… it was a busy, busy month! I certainly got a lot accomplished. SO, I’ll make up for it this month by doubling up on things! In looking back at my September goals I’m happy to say that I can check the majority of my goals off the list. There are many new strategies I’ve implemented to streamline my business — this has been a win-win for me and my clients.
- Get organized!! This is a fairly broad goal… but there are several cabinets, drawers, and closets that have accumulated with random stuff this past year… I need to quit procrastinating and just do it.
- Tackle those leaves! Last year, we raked the leaves too early in the season and by the time we spent hours on the leaves… the yard was covered again. So, this year we’re going to wait until the majority of them that fallen to get out there and break a sweat!
- Make my Thanksgiving Day menu — SO excited! Last year, Ryan and I hosted Thanksgiving dinner at our house. Yes, some would say we were crazy to do that with our wedding day right around the corner. But we had just moved into our new house and we were (and we still are!) always looking for an excuse to entertain and show our home off. I was pretty nervous cooking my first turkey but it turned out delicious!
- Get crafty! I’ve pinned some fun ideas on Pinterest lately so I’m looking forward to some down time this month to get inspired 🙂
- Get a jump start on Christmas shopping
- It’s time for a haircut 🙂
- Pack up Fall decor
- Decorate for Christmas!! Last year, I decorated the week before Thanksgiving because my wedding day was December 1st. I didn’t want to come home from my honeymoon mid-December and be overwhelmed with all my Christmas decor to tackle. I loved getting a head start on decorating last year — it made the season feel so much longer. So I’m making it a tradition! Ryan is especially thrilled 🙂
- Mail thank yous 🙂
- Deliver wedding images to my newlywed clients
- Edit & PASS images from my latest family sessions
- Finalize my Client Guide
- Create my workflow process checklist for my office wall
- Order print enlargements for my office
- Continue to network within the Shoot & Share community
- Add a PayPal link to my Client Lounge so it’s easier for my clients to book their sessions
- Organize my gear wish list
- Continue to be inspired and inspire others 🙂